Frequently Asked Question
The virtual machine inventory file is damaged or unreadable
Last Updated about a month ago
- Connect to the host using SSH. For more information, see Using Tech Support Mode in ESXi 4.1 and ESXi 5.0 (1017910).
- Change directories to the location of the vmInventory.xml file using this command:
- Rename the current inventory file using this command:
mv vmInventory.xml vmInventory.xml.old
- Restart management agents on the host using this command:
- Perform a migration or vMotion to the ESXi host. This generates a new vmInventory.xml file.